Adding Maps  

RSS

Coxerman
(@coxerman)
15/02/2018 8:12 pm  

Hi,

could you explain the procedure for uploading a geo-referenced map file from OCAD please?

Andrew Cox

Roger Dillon
(@rogdillon)
Member Admin
16/02/2018 9:26 am  

Thanks for the question.  Currently maps cannot be uploaded to our system but this is in the work flow for future development.    We will also be adding the Ollie O'Brien open source overlays at sometime.  The look and feel of these maps are more familiar to orienteers.

ReplyQuote
Coxerman
(@coxerman)
16/02/2018 6:01 pm  

Thanks, that would certainly be useful and encourage regular orienteers to use Sporteering.

My first trial of the system today was positive and was received well by the local sports partnership here in Waterford. 

Andrew Cox

ReplyQuote
Roger Dillon
(@rogdillon)
Member Admin
16/02/2018 6:11 pm  

Thanks for the feedback.   Keep an eye on the website for updates about the Georef maps being added.

ReplyQuote
Coxerman
(@coxerman)
16/04/2018 6:33 pm  

any update on adding orienteering maps to events?

Andrew Cox

ReplyQuote
Roger
(@user)
Moderator Admin
17/04/2018 9:31 am  

Hi - No update on this one at the moment.  It is in the workflow but the the new version, yet to be launched has taken a lot longer than expected.  I'll post something when we get going with this part of the APP.

Just as a thought we have a few users who use paper maps with the Sporteering APP and don't use the internal mapping at all.  Give me a shout if you would like more details.

System Architect

ReplyQuote
Share: